Learn how Rutter can help you accelerate your product roadmap, save engineering headaches, and grow revenue
Today, we’re excited to announce the launch of our new accounting APIs! We’re rolling out the full suite of accounting data including the general ledger, balance sheet, cash flow, profit and loss, billing, invoices, and more for the core set of accounting platforms: Quickbooks, Xero, Netsuite, and Freshbooks. It is something that we’ve worked on with select customers for the last few months, and we’re finally ready to open up the API for general access. With Rutter's goal of building the infrastructure that powers all of commerce, we're excited to be supporting new use cases for existing and future customers!
Accounting systems show, at a glance, the financial health of any business. For businesses that offer services or non-traditional commercial products, being able to easily access data that live in these accounting systems are core to their operations. This is something we repeatedly heard from our existing customers that they wanted alongside our universal Ecommerce APIs.
The Rutter Accounting API provides a comprehensive view of everything that happens inside of a business’ accounting system, itemized down to the customer, invoice, and bill level. Our API lets you organize accounting data at the monthly and yearly levels giving you a quick and easy historical view of any business.
- The income statement, or profit and loss statement, shows the revenue and expenses of a company during a particular period. Within the income statement, the Rutter Accounting API allows you to pull various data points like income, cost of sales, operating expenses, gross profit of a business and more.
- The cash flow statement shows the transactional view of the money movement of the business for a certain period of time.
- Finally, the balance sheet reports all of the business’ assets, liabilities, and shareholder equity at a specific point in time.
The Impact + Synergies
Commerce and accounting platforms are at the heart of every financial business software that companies use today. With Rutter’s Accounting APIs, companies can now gain access to real-time and granular accounting data with one universal API. This enables a number of use cases that we’re excited about.
- Banks and SMB lenders can use accounting system data to power their underwriting, better understand and forecast cash flow and operating costs or finance specific merchant products.
- Credit card companies can assign a more accurate rolling credit limit based on cash flow, and even offer instant payouts or extended credit based on invoice payment dates.
- Payment processors are able to better classify and detect fraud in the businesses that they work with by reconciling accounting data with bank statements and commerce data.
- Insurance companies can better understand successful bills, short term and long term debt, and invoices with our AR Aging Reports and AP Aging Reports.
- International payment platforms and gateways are able to understand the destination and currencies for a business’ invoices, enabling them to reconcile payments across countries.
Rutter Accounting is synergistic with our existing product, Rutter Commerce, giving fintech companies a more comprehensive view into all of the components that go into revenue and expenses for the businesses they work with.
Now, fintech companies have a second layer of visibility into a business’ operating model, and are able to reconcile accounting, commerce and bank data to create a fuller picture of the health of a business alongside other data sources.
Rutter is the data infrastructure that powers the next generation of commerce and financial tools. Feel free to reach out to us if you'd like to chat and get a more in-depth demo of our platform.
We also have a lot of exciting product releases planned for the coming year - if you'd like to stay in the loop, you can subscribe to updates below.